The Provident Investment Company Limited

The Provident Investment Company Limited was established by the erstwhile Gwalior State in 1926. Prior to 1926 the surplus funds of Gwalior State and of various local bodies and trusts under the state were being invested in Bombay through Sir Shapurji Broacha and on his death through Mr. F.E. Dinshaw. The establishment of the Provident Investment Company Ltd. in 1926 was thus an institutionalization of the aforesaid arrangement of investing funds.

The main business of the Company is to collect the dividend on shares and debentures held by the Company and managing its own properties and the properties of Government of Madhya Pradesh and Government of India on commission basis. For Madhya Pradesh properties (only one - Edward Villa, Cuffee Parade) and properties of the Government of India which form 90% of the total properties. The company is acting as an agent for collection of rent etc. on commission basis.

Present Board of Directors:

1. Finance Minister-Chairman
2. (Scretary Finance) - Director
3. - Director
4. - Director
5. - Director

Office Address       
Residential Address
11-A Edward Villa,
Cuffe Parade,
COLOBA
MUMBAI
PHONE-022-22822496
 11-A Edward Villa,
Cuffe Parade,
COLOBA
MUMBAI
PHONE-022-22822496